An Electric Multi-Terrain bike for all riders - the R stands for "Rugged"! Made in the USA!
The Electric Bike Company Model R is a multi-surface platform from roads, paths, sidewalks to gravel, dirt, grass and more. If you're looking for an all-purpose E-Bike for all kinds of riding in a variety of areas from the road to parks, the Model R is your jam! If you're going to do gnarly single-track trails, then of course you'll need a full-on Trail bike full full suspension, such as the Ducati Thok Mig-S that we sell, but for anything less than that level of off-road, the Model R will fit the bill nicely.
The Model R is our best-seller and we normally keep a few different color and configurations of Model R in stock, so you can check one out in person and take it for a ride before ordering your OWN personalized version! Or if you're an instant-gratification type who likes the color and options on one of our floor models, just buy one and take it home!
Key specs of the Model R include:
- TWO integrated and ONE add-on external battery size option, from 12Ah to 30Ah, for an effective cruising range of 60 to 150 miles.
- BOTH Pedal-Assist AND a Thumb-Operated throttle so you can choose if you want to pedal and have electric assist help you go, or you just want to use the throttle to propel the bike while you sit on it.
- 20 or 28 mph top speed, depending upon the assist option you configure in the menu on the dash
- 3.5 Amp super charger with Smart charging technology, cooling fan, aluminum cover & 3 prong charging port for safety, conveniently located on the RH side of the upper downtube
Tektro E-530 hydraulic disc brakes with safety electrical motor disconnect wiring
56T chainring, 170 mm forged alloy, dual-sided aluminum bash guard
- Direct (single speed) drive train OR optional 7 speed Shimano derailleur
- 18T cog freewheel for medium to hilly terrain
- Suspension fork with hydraulic lockout and preload adjustment, turn lockout on at anytime while riding, 80 mm travel, 135 mm hub width, 9 mm quick release
- Locking hand stitched vegan leather grips w/Aluminum secure ends for non slip - available in Black or Tan
- 27" wide steel cruiser handlebars w/Adjustable stem from 0 - 60 degrees angle to fit any rider
- Kickstand with non-slip sole & wide reinforced rubber foot - prevents slipping and sinking into soft surfaces
- LCD Color display, multi level menu system, compact, user friendly screen with USB outlet for charging your devices
- Full front and rear LED lighting
- 1250 Watt Hub Motor w/10 YEAR Warranty
- Wellgo aluminum, integrated bearing pedals with comfort non slip rubber
- Double walled, Aluminum 2″ Jetset Rims
- Custom, leather, 300 x 300 x 100mm thick seat, high density foam, elastomer bumpers for support and comfort - available in Black or Tan
- 30.4mm x 300mm ridgid aluminum seatpost - up to 350lbs capacity. Plus optional Satori suspension seatpost (350lbs) or Suntour suspension seatpost (350lbs) for added comfort
- Custom Electric Bike Company Rhinoceros 26" x 3", premium puncture resistant technology
Ordering YOUR EBC EBike:
Electric Bike Company builds every e-bike to order, giving you a plethora of options for colors on virtually every part of the bike, plus a TON of options and accessories you can add to your bike to personalize it for exactly how you plan to use it! It typically takes 4-6 weeks lead time for your customized bike to arrive. As an authorized Retailer for Electric Bike Company, CycleZoo can help you every step of the way in configuring your bike, and it all starts on the EBC web site configurator:
If you are the take-charge type, just click on over and configure exactly what you want for your own EBC bike. Once you've completed your configuration, use the "Add to Cart" option to create a shopping cart list of your options, but DON'T CHECK OUT ON THE WEB SITE! Just right-click and "Save As" and save your cart file on your computer, then e-mail it to us at sales@CycleZoo.com. Or just copy-paste into an e-mail, type out your options in an e-mail, or just call us or stop by and tell us what you want. We'll verify all of your options and then place the order with EBC to have the bike shipped directly to our store.
Once your EBC e-bike comes in, we'll unpack it and recycle all of the shipping materials, finish assembly on the bike, verify everything is working perfectly, and then we'll let you know that your baby is ready for you to pick up OR we can deliver it right to your house in the Omaha metro area. If you are a remote customer, we will ship the bike directly to you, and you'll have to deal with the packing materials and the simple final assembly yourself (basically bolting on the handlebars).
Here's a helpful Model R Review by ElectricBikeReview.com:
About Electric Bike Company:
Electric Bike Company is located in Newport Beach, California, where all of the EBC bikes are manufactured by skilled craftsmen, and in fact each EBC bike is assembled by a SINGLE person to ensure attention to detail and unparalleled quality. Electric Bike Company bikes are assembled with PREMIUM components, unheard of in other brands in the same price range. Not only are you getting an American-Made product, you're getting a high quality product at the same price as a much "cheaper" product shipped in from Asia.